The Aura Community Hall was dedicated on March 5, 1933. A gathering place was needed in the community and the Pyhtila family donated a barn located in the Baraga Plains. The Barn was dismantled in mid January, the materials hauled out to US 41 by horse and sleigh and on to Aura by truck. Construction began on the land donated by Andrew Heikkinen. It took six weeks to build and wrist completed by March 5, 1933. During the early years a lot of activities took place at the hall. In the fifties and early sixties the hall was in disrepair. In the seventies some remodeling was done. In 1976 an idea to hold a Fiddlers Jamboree was presented to the board by Fred Waisanen. The first Jamboree was held in 1977. Since that time, funds from the Jamboree have been used to make major renovations to the hall and grounds and it made handicap accessible. The Aura Community Hall board provide student scholarships to the arts. The hall can be rented for weddings, graduation parties, family reunions, etc. by calling 524-7279 or 524-6723.