Baraga County Economic Development Corporation
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) is a part of our world today and is impacting business, the economy and the health of our communities. As we talk with businesses, a number have inquired about how others are responding to or are preparing for disruptions due to the virus. Check out this page for some great resources. Need assistance? Contact Mary Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restaurant Revitalization Fund
The SBA has announced that it will begin accepting online portal registrations for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) grant program on Friday, April 30, 2021, at 9 a.m. EDT. The portal will then officially begin accepting applications on Monday, May 3, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
This program will provide restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location. Funds may be used for payroll costs, mortgage obligations, rent payments, debt service, utility payments, maintenance expenses, construction of outdoor seating, business supplies, food and beverage expenses, supplier costs, and operating expenses.
Applicants may apply through an SBA-recognized Point of Sale (POS) vendor or directly via SBA in a forthcoming online application portal. Participating POS providers include Square, Toast, Clover, and NCR Corporation (Aloha).
Applicants will need to submit SBA Form 3172, IRS Form 4506-T, and Gross Receipts Documentation.
Businesses eligible to apply for funding:
- Food stands, food trucks, food carts
- Bars, saloons, lounges, taverns
- Snack and nonalcoholic beverage bars
- Bakeries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Brewpubs, tasting rooms, taprooms (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Breweries and/or microbreweries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Wineries and distilleries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Inns (onsite sales of food and beverage to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Licensed facilities or premises of a beverage alcohol producer where the public may taste, sample, or purchase products
For more information on allowable use of funds, check out the SBA website or watch a recording of the SBA Restaurant Revitalization Fund Application Portal Training.
For assistance preparing your application, you can access the following:
- RRF knowledge base support documentation
- Call center support: 1-844-279-8898
Lambert Road Industrial Park News
L’Anse Celebrates Solar Project
Many entities and organizations came together to make the 340-panel, 110 kw… find out more…
Michigan Economic Development Site Readiness Grant Boosts Park
The Baraga County Economic Development Corporation received money from the state to continue work at the L’Anse Industrial Park on Lambert Road. find out more…