1) You may pick them up in person at the Baraga County Equalization Department located in the administration building.
2) By mail, send request to: Baraga County Equalization, 2 S. Main Street, L’Anse, MI 49946.
3) You may also call 906-524-6100 Ext. 697 and we will mail or fax an application to you.
4) You may also go to the State of Michigan web-site and complete an on-line form, goto www.michigan.gov/deq
Select permits and choose Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Application or SESC Application
A permit is required for any earth change that disturbs one or more acres, or is within 500 feet of a lake or stream.
Yes, there are several:
1) A person may be subject to a civil fine of up to $25,000 for each day of violation
2) A cease and desist order or injunction may be issued until compliance is obtained
3) The permitting agency may install or maintain control measures to bring the site into compliance with part 91 and bill the landowner for the costs incurred
4) A person may be ordered to restore all areas affected by the violation
Questions should be directed to the Baraga County Equalization Department (906) 524-6100 Ext. 697 or to the DEQ Water Bureau staff, Lindsey Ringuette at (906) 346-8518.